Making fresh pasta is a lot simpler than people may think. Impress your family and friends with some homemade chevre and pesto filled parcels.
* 200g wheat cake flour
* 2 Extra-large free-range eggs
* Marksbury Select Cheese, Chevre
* 6ml basil pesto
* 1 X 390g pasta sauce – tomato and chilli
* Marksbury Select Parmigiano Reggiano 24 months
* Fresh Basil Leaves to serve
– Sift the flour into a pile on a work surface. Make a well in the centre and crack the egg into it.
– Using your fingers, break the egg up and mix into the flour slowly incorporating the flour from the sides until you have a dough. You can use a food processor or mixer instead.
– Knead the dough until smooth. This takes 6 – 10 minutes.
– Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough. Fold and reroll several times until you can roll the dough to 1 mm thick. You can also use a pasta machine to roll the dough.
– Using a round scone cutter cut circles in the pasta.
– Place a small spoonful of filling on the centre. Fold the pasta over to make a half-circle. Take the two corners and press together folding the back over to form a pirate’s hat shape. Continue until all filling and pasta have been used up.
– Follow the instructions on the Pasta Sauce packaging to make the tomato and chilli sauce.
Hints & Tips
* Pasta-making is fun and sociable so why not invite a bunch of friends over or get the whole family in the kitchen kneading, rolling and filling.
source – cooking365coza