Ditch the classic mayonnaise dressing, and make a few changes along with a piquant but sweet dressing to bring out the best of the combined flavours and textures of the salad.
* 1 each baby red cabbage and green cabbage, shredded
* 1 disc feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
* Handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
* 125ml pumpkin seeds
* Thumb-finger length, fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
* 15ml honey
* Generous grinding black pepper
* 2ml wholegrain mustard
* 100ml extra virgin olive oil
* Generous pinch salt
– Toss the salad ingredients together.
– To serve, drizzle on the dressing, and toss to lightly coat the ingredients.
Hints & Tips
A pack of ready-to-use carrot and cabbage coleslaw mix can be substituted for the red and green cabbage mix.
An easy way to grate fresh ginger is to trim off the knobbly bits so the root is “square-edged”, then slice off the peel from each side. This stick is then easier to work with for grating.
source – cooking365coza