An elegant but easy weekend breakfast or brunch
350g White Mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp butter
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
1 cup Full Cream Milk
⅓ cup cake flour
10 Large Eggs
200g Baby Spinach, chopped
1 cup (250g) Feta Cheese, plain
Mini Plum tomatoes, roasted at 180C for +/- 15-20 minutes
* Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a rimmed baking tray (30x40cm) with baking paper, with an extra 2cm overlapping over the shorter sides of the tray. *Chef’s Tip: Grease the baking paper to ensure the omelette won’t stick after baking.
* Slice the mushrooms and add them to a large pan with the butter. Sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat for 5-* 8 minutes. Season to taste with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and set aside.
* Add the milk to a large bowl. Sieve the cake flour into the bowl and whisk to combine until smooth. Add in the eggs and whisk to combine.
* Rinse and chop the spinach and stir it into the egg mixture. Season to taste with the reserved salt and pepper.
* Pour the egg mixture into the pan and bake for 13-15 minutes or until set.
* Crumble the feta cheese across the baked omelette and top with the cooked mushrooms. Lift the baking paper from one of the shorter ends and roll into a log towards the other shorter end, peeling back the baking paper as you go along.
* Place the omelette roll-up on a serving platter, cutting it into thick slices to serve.
* Serve alongside roasted plum tomatoes and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Hints & Tips
Roll the omelette while still warm to prevent the roll-up from forming cracks on the surface.
source – cooking365coza