A classic braai accompaniment. This version is packed with peppery and spicy flavours and is virtually a meal by itself.
1/8 cup cooking oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped diced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ginger, finely grated
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tomatoes, finely diced
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
1 large carrot, grated
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry powder and cayenne pepper and continue stirring for about 1 minute.
- Then add the tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, peppers and chilli.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add the baked beans and chicken stock and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Season to taste and serve.
In Other News – Creamy Baked Potatoes with Mushroom, Bacon and Cheese Recipe
Elevate the humble spud to haute cuisine with the addition of some sour cream and savoury goodness.
4 potatoes, washed
1 TBSP olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ cup butter, cubed
1 cup sour cream – learn more