For a decadent brunch or an easy dessert, you can’t beat French toast. Try it savoury or sweet.
- 4 slices of bread of your choice
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup cream
- a pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- A dash of vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp castor sugar
- 1 punnet berries
- Squillos chocolate hazelnut spread to taste
- mixed berry jam to taste
- mascarpone to taste
- 12 rashers crispy bacon
- 4 poached eggs
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 8 slices halloumi
- a handful rocket or micro leaves
- Beat the eggs, cream and salt (for the sweet version add the vanilla and sugar).
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture and leave to soak for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan and fry the french toast for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Apply sweet or savoury toppings as per preference.
Source – cooking365coza