This easy avocado salad with cucumbers, lime, and cilantro could not be easier. Enjoy this as a side salad, as a chunky salsa or top larger salads. Since the avocado will brown over time, this salad is best eaten the day you make it. You can, however, make the salad dressing up to a day in advance.
– 2 medium Hass avocados, about 2 cups cubed
– 2 cups (300 grams) cubed cucumber, about 1 large cucumber
– 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 1 to 2 limes
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed
– 1 small garlic clove, omit if sensitive to raw garlic, about 1/2 teaspoon
– 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more to taste
– 1/2 cup (25 grams) chopped fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, basil, dill or a combination
– Hot sauce, optional
* In the bottom of a salad bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, and salt together. Stir in the herbs. (If making ahead of time, cover and refrigerate up to one day.)
* When ready to serve the salad, cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and cut into cubes.
* Add the cubed avocado and cucumber to the bowl with the dressing. Gently toss the avocado and cucumber around the bowl so that they are well coated in the dressing. Taste, and then season with additional salt and your favourite hot sauce (optional).
source – cooking365coza