Home South Africa News Man accused of killing KZN South Coast couple to remain behind bars

Man accused of killing KZN South Coast couple to remain behind bars

15
0
KZN South Coast couple

The 25-year-old man accused of brutally stabbing a South Coast couple in their KwaZulu-Natal home has been denied bail.

The bodies of Murray Ross and his wife Julie were found in their Umtentweni home on August 28 at around noon. Police said they had suffered multiple stab wounds to their head and neck. The home had been ransacked and there were signs of forced entry. Last week KZN police made a breakthrough in the case, arresting two people, but one of them was later released due to a lack of evidence.

Earlier on Wednesday National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Natasha Kara confirmed that the accused had been unsuccessful in his bail application and the matter was adjourned to October 7 for further investigation.

At the time of their death, Ryan Ringo, the chairperson of the Port Shepstone Country Club, described Ross and his wife as pillars of the South Coast community. They were ambassadors in the business world. Murray was the previous chairman of the club and he played a fundamental role in helping the club survive during the first lockdown,” Ringo said.

Source: News365

In other news – DJ Tira refutes rumours he got paid to be vaccinated

Local music producer and Afrotainment founder DJ Tira received his second Pfizer dose and clapped back at naysayers saying he’s being paid to promote vaccinations.

DJ Tira

South Africa’s to getting mass Covid-19 vaccinations going has been a rough journey, but it seems to be moving at a brisk pace currently. Learn more

Previous articleLife Esidimeni project leader claims he was under pressure to move patients
Next articleKwaZulu-Natal Premier Sihle Zikalala concerned about high number of violent incidents in KZN