Famous Vegetarian Taco Salad; layered, so chips don’t get soggy! Top with sour cream or guacamole if you’d like. We like to make our own bowls for individual tastes.
Total: 30 mins
Prep: 30 mins
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
– 2 (19 ounces) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 (12 ounces) package of frozen vegetarian burger crumbles
– 1 (1.25 ounce) package of taco seasoning mix
– 2 onions, chopped
– 1 (16 ounces) jar of salsa
– 1 (14.5 ounces) package of corn tortilla chips
– 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
– 1 head of leaf lettuce – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
– 4 tomatoes, diced
Directions / Instructions
In a medium-size mixing bowl combine beans, burger, taco seasoning, onions, salsa, and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, layer in individual bowls: chips, cheese, lettuce, bean mixture, and top with diced tomatoes.
Per Serving: 676 calories; protein 32.3g; carbohydrates 81.2g; fat 26.4g; cholesterol 33.9mg; sodium 1850.8mg.
Source – cooking365.co.za