14.6 C
Johannesburg
Monday, September 16, 2019
  • Home

Hlengiwe Mhlaba cheats death for the third time

Must Read

Man shot dead in Pietermaritzburg

At 00H56 Friday morning Netcare 911 responded to reports of a shooting on Victoria Street in Pietermaritzburg. Reports from the...

Four injured in N3 Pinetown crash

At 23H21 Thursday night Netcare 911 responded to reports of a motor vehicle collision on the N3 Durban bound...

Nomzamo Mbatha and Felicia Mabuza Suttle having a good time in Atlanta

Nomzamo Mbatha might be a million miles from home but thankfully she's got a familiar face to help her...

When gospel star Hlengiwe Mhlaba managed to avoid a head-on collision on Saturday night it was the third time this year that she had stared Death in the face and lived to tell the tale.

She was on her way to Ermelo, Mpumalanga, between Melmoth and Vryheid, KZN when she avoided a vehicle coming towards her in her lane.

Family spokesman Nkululeko Khanyi told Daily Sun: “She tried to avoid the car and her Mercedes Benz went up the mountain and rolled,” he said.

Hlengiwe Mhlaba

Nkululeko said Hlengiwe was not able to talk now. Nkululeko said that Hlengiwe was with her team when the accident took place.

“She is not in a position to say anything for now. On her behalf and that of her family, we ask the nation to pray for her,” said Nkululeko.

He said that she and her team were admitted to a private hospital in Northern Zululand.

“Doctors are still busy with them. We have faith that they will be well.”

In June last year, Daily Sun told the story about how she avoided a head-on collision. She said it was by the grace of God that she survived. This is the third accident Hlengiwe has had this year.

She had an accident earlier this year in Durban and another four months ago on her way to Joburg from Durban. Nkululeko said prayer was the only thing that could protect her.

In Other News – Sassa informed Post Office of Uyinene’s murder accused criminal history

It’s emerged the South African State Security Agency (Sassa) had informed the South African Post Office (Sapo) officials of the criminal history of an employee accused of raping and murdering a student.

This has been revealed by an internal Sapo investigation launched after University of Cape Town student Uyinene Mrwetyana was attacked at the Clareinch Post Office in Claremont late last month.

The National Prosecuting Authority this week confirmed the 42-year-old accused has apparently confessed to the crimes and had a previous criminal record.

Following news that a post office employee was accused of Mrwetyana’s rape and murder, Communications Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams demanded answers. read more

- Advertisement -
Loading...

Leave a Comment

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Man shot dead in Pietermaritzburg

At 00H56 Friday morning Netcare 911 responded to reports of a shooting on Victoria Street in Pietermaritzburg. Reports from the...

Four injured in N3 Pinetown crash

At 23H21 Thursday night Netcare 911 responded to reports of a motor vehicle collision on the N3 Durban bound in the vacinity of Farningham...

Nomzamo Mbatha and Felicia Mabuza Suttle having a good time in Atlanta

Nomzamo Mbatha might be a million miles from home but thankfully she's got a familiar face to help her stay in touch with her...

Brake fluid found in Natasha Conabeer’s blood

BLOOD tests have revealed there were traces of Paracetamol pills and brake fluid in Natasha Conabeer’s system. This was shared by family spokeswoman Nosipho...

Politicians, citizens pay tribute to Steve Biko

Forty-two years since his brutal demise at the hands of a brutal and oppressive regime Steve Bantu Biko was remembered on Thursday by organisations...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -