Connect with us

South Africa News

Missing Natasha Conabeer found alive but critical, in ICU

Published

on

Natasha Conabeer Found

The mother of a young KwaZulu-Natal woman who went missing three weeks ago is grateful that her daughter, Natasha Conabeer has been found alive after the unconscious student was dropped outside their home on Sunday morning.

Rosemary Conabeer said 23-year-old Natasha, was in a critical condition in hospital after she was left on her doorstep in the early hours of the morning.

“Doctors are doing everything they can for her. She is still unconscious. We don’t know what happened,” Conabeer said.

“I am relieved she was found alive. We’re taking this a day at a time.”

Natasha was last seen on August 18. According to a missing person report, UKZN student left her Florida Road flat for Inanda to visit family.

Conabeer’s disappearance led to widespread fear for her safety amid several cases involving violence against and abuse of women made headlines, such as the murders of Uyinene Mrwetyana, Leighandre Jegels and Jesse Hess.

President Cyril Ramaphosa addressed a large crowd of protesters in front of Parliament on Thursday following protests calling for decisive government action.

Natasha Conabeer

In a later video, he said se.xual offences cases which had been closed or not properly investigated in the past would be reviewed. He also promised harsher sentences for those who commit violence against women.

South African women also took to social media, under the hashtag #AmINext, to call for an end to the violence.

Source – News24

In Other News – Sassa informed Post Office of Uyinene’s murder accused criminal history

It’s emerged the South African State Security Agency (Sassa) had informed the South African Post Office (Sapo) officials of the criminal history of an employee accused of raping and murdering a student.

This has been revealed by an internal Sapo investigation launched after University of Cape Town student Uyinene Mrwetyana was attacked at the Clareinch Post Office in Claremont late last month.

Uyinene Mrwetyana

The National Prosecuting Authority this week confirmed the 42-year-old accused has apparently confessed to the crimes and had a previous criminal record.

Following news that a post office employee was accused of Mrwetyana’s rape and murder, Communications Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams demanded answers. read more

Advertisement
Comments

Trending